THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Apothecary Jars

So...like everyone else I love apothecary jars.  And like everyone else I refuse to pay that much money for them at the stores.  I mean, really $30-50?? for the ones at hobby lobby!!  There are several tutorials over blog land for homemade apothecary jars, so when I saw these candlesticks at Goodwill, I knew what I was going to do.
75 cents each

I've had them for about 2-3 months waiting on some warm weather.  Friday after I got home from work, I really didn't feel like doing anything.  I didn't want to cook, I didn't want to clean, I didn't want to lay around.  It was just a really yucky mood.  So I finally decided to get crafty.  I just used 97 cent walmart spray paint.  I made sure to use small diagonal strokes to lessen the drips and paint lines.
Here's a glance before they were done.  About a month ago I was at Hobby Lobby and found some glass jars 50% off. 
The larger jar was $8.99 and the smaller jar was $5.99.  I used an epoxy to attach the candle sticks to the jars.  It took a good 4-6 hours for the epoxy to dry completely.  And here is the final project.

Keep in mind that I'm in the process of building a house and am currently living in a duplex.  So there is little to no decorating going on right now.  These will go directly from this counter top to a storage bin in my bedroom to be ready for our new house....which I hope will be ready in about a month and a half (unrealistic hope, I might add). 

I originally saw this idea at:





MWMBH_Main

Her version is slightly different and a little more in depth but they look great! 

Happy Crafting!


Linking TO:

UndertheTableandDreamingJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special 
 

PhotobucketPhotobucketBubbly Nature

2 comments:

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

Great job! They'll look so neat filled with some springy things!

Natalie said...

Very cool idea. Also, thanks for the spray painting tips. Good luck with the move!